The Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) has announced a new learning program for non-government practitioners working with children and families.
Only NGOs receiving Targeted Earlier Intervention (TEI), Family Connect and Support or Family Preservation funding from DCJ are eligible for the Change Together program.
The program provides free training to complement the professional learning of individual NGOs.
Change Together aims to:
- develop the knowledge, confidence and skills of practitioners working to support children to remain safe at home with their families
- help key child protection workers understand their role
- share information about the way DCJ practices
- build capabilities aligned to the NSW Practice Framework
- strengthen partnerships between DCJ and NGO services and practitioners
Training is available via e-learn courses and virtual instructor-led workshops.
Some practitioners may choose to complete all training, while others may select modules depending on the areas in which they hope to grow their practice.
To find out more, head to our Training Opportunities page.