Fams is a NSW peak body that supports the not-for-profit sector to build on capacity and capability.
We advocate for improved policies for children, families, communities and services.
Fams is committed to:
- Children and families receiving the support they need
- Evidence-informed and outcomes-based service delivery
- Government and sector accountability
- Influencing policy
Fams works collaboratively with:
- Policy and decision-makers
- Non-government organisations
- Academic organisations
- Peak bodies
- Family and community services sector
- Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations
- Organisations working with diverse communities
Children and family’s safety, health and wellbeing are at the heart of all our work. Families have multiple forms, nor necessarily biologically based. The below principles are modelled in all aspects of planning, service delivery, management and administration:
- Children and families should be safe.
- Children and families receive services that are flexible and responsive to their needs.
- Children and families can access services embedded in their community.
- Children and family’s growth and development is enhanced by research supported practice.
- Children and family’s social, cultural, racial and linguistic identities are affirmed and strengthened.
- Children and families work together with services in relationships based on trust and respect.