The Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) will offer up to 1000 scholarships to students enrolled in education or training in 2021.
Successful applicants will each receive $1,000 to help with school expenses and secondary support services.
Who can apply?
The scholarships are eligible to people studying in one of the following in 2021:
- year 10, 11 or 12 at a NSW high school or equivalent at a TAFE college
- a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship
- a VET subject at a NSW high school.
The applicant must also be either a social housing client or living in out-of-home-care.
This can include:
- living in public housing, including Aboriginal housing
- being on the NSW Housing Register (wait list)
- receiving private rental assistance from DCJ (not Centrelink)
- receiving a Rent Choice product
- living in community housing/Aboriginal community housing
- living in housing provided by a Local Aboriginal Land Council
- living in Supported Accommodation through a Specialist Homelessness Service Provider
- living in statutory, supported or voluntary out-of-home care.