Fams is the peak body whose aim is to support the delivery of quality services by non-government, not-for-profit organisations working with vulnerable children, young people, families and communities.
As the peak body for outcomes measurement across NSW, Fams plays a key coordination and leadership role through the provision of independent and informed policy development, advice, advocacy and review. Fams will work side by side with you to navigate all the challenges and successes that are part and parcel of a successful change framework. Fams has operated the Results Leadership Group Australia initiative since 2008. During this time we have been delivering training and consultancy services aimed at assisting federal, state and local government, not for profit organisations and communities to achieve measurable improvements for their communities and customers.
We help our members:
- Make a difference in the lives of vulnerable families and children
- Operate as well-governed and well-managed organisations
- Maintain and acquire the resources they need
We do this by:
- Regularly updating members with news and events
- Being aware of the evidence base that supports and informs the work
- Being involved in strategies and forums that inform and influence government, funders and the sector
- Advocacy and policy advice on systemic issues impacting vulnerable children, families and communities
- Collecting data that supports our priorities, and reviewing the effectiveness of our work. In doing this we always ask "How much did we do?", "How well did we do it?" and "Is anybody better off?".
- Providing discounted rates and priority registrations for forums, seminars, and conferences
- Providing reduced consultancy rates
- Providing discounted access to the Clear Impact Scorecard
- Providing leadership opportunities for members to participate with sector leaders and contribute to Fams future directions